Tuesday, June 03, 2008

From the Vault 1


My first Tuscola Review photo.



Here's my first installment of "From the Vault." I can't guarantee how often I'll put up photos from it, but I'll try to keep going until I run out of them.

The reason I chose this photo over so many others, besides the fact it was my first in Tuscola, is because I actually like the photo.

I've been told it should have been cropped tighter, but I think if you cropped it tighter you lose the story. That being, that Mrs. Cottle is teaching a parenting class to high school students.

My argument says, tighter loses the teenager on the right. You would also lose the banannas which I think add to the foreground. The pots and pans add to the idea that you're in a home economics classroom. Some might say it's messy, but you're working in a classroom with very few clean backgrounds, so I decided to use it to my advantage.

Plus, the look on Mrs. Cottle's face and the look on the girl's face portrayed her personality perfectly. She really had a way with children.

Certainly not a profile picture, but one I like nonetheless.

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. Good call keeping it as is.